The mission of the Schuylkill Technology Center Postsecondary Programs is to enable the adult student to acquire the attitudes, knowledge, skills, and values necessary to become a lifelong learner and a productive citizen of a global economy by developing an educational pathway for excellence driven by a partnership with education, business, industry, government, family, and the community.
Our main objective is to train and test student drivers to obtain a Class-A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). At completion, students will be licensed to drive all commercial Class A and B trucks, e.g. tractor-trailer, tanker trailers, cement and dump trucks, utility vehicles and Hazmat vehicles.
- Certified by PTDI Professional Truck Driving Institute
- Approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Approved by the United States Department of Education for Pell Grants and for participation in the Federal Family Education Loan Program
- Approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education for Veterans Training
- Approved by the Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation for the training of rehabilitation students
Benefits of having a Commercial Driver's License
Now is the time to take the first step! A driver shortage means companies are actively looking for qualified men and women over the age of 18. Trucking companies are offering more incentives then ever before, including tuition reimbursement, sign-on bonuses, dedicated runs, and wage increases. Don't wait another moment to make the open road your office!
- You can earn an average of $42,000 annually, according to the American Trucking Associations' 2003 Driver Compensation Study.
- Your future earnings will increase - experienced, safe drivers can earn $45,000 to $60,000 a year or more.
- Typical benefits include performance-based bonuses, health insurance, and sick and vacation leave.
- Trucking jobs cannot be outsourced or moved abroad.
- Opportunities to advance in other areas, including sales, management, logistics, and training.
For more information please contact Melissa Frie at firstname.lastname@example.org