Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) are a vital component of the health care team. The LPN can find jobs in a variety of settings such as long-term care, hospitals, physicians' offices, clinics, schools and home health. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (National League for Nursing, Reflection & Dialogue, Recognizing the Vital Contributions of the Licensed/Vocational Nurse, September, 2011) the projected job growth for LPNs is anticipated to be greater than the average rate.
- The next full-time class will begin July 2018
- The next part-time class will begin February 2019
- Admission Testing: The Admission TEAS test will be given at STC on the following dates:
- October 12, 2017 - 8:30am
- November 16, 2017 - 8:30am
- January 18, 2018 - 8:30am
- February 15, 2018 - 5:00pm
- March 15, 2018 - 8:30am
- April 12, 2018 - 8:30am
- The following dates are for those interested in the Part time class starting in Feb/March 2019:
- May 15, 2018 - 8:30am
- June 7, 2018 - 8:30am
- July 11, 2018 - 8:30am
- August 8, 2018 - 8:30am
The Practical Nursing Program is held at the North Campus in Frackville and is available on a full-time and part-time basis. The full-time day program will take one year to complete and is comprised of four terms. Students will receive theory at the North Campus of STC from 8:00am - 2:30pm. Clinical experiences will be scheduled throughout Schuylkill County at various facilities from 6:45am - 3:15pm. The full-time class runs five days per week, Monday - Friday. The part-time program runs three days per week. The three days vary throughout the year. Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be eligible to take the Pennsylvania State Licensure Exam for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN).