Do I need to be admitted before I can apply for financial aid?
    NO. You can fill out the FAFSA and list up to 10 schools to receive the information before admission. However, to receive an award (estimated or actual) offer, you must be admitted to the school.

    What are the deadlines or suggested completion dates for financial aid?
    Our school enrolls students on a continuous basis. Students can generally complete their applications at any time prior to the start of the program. It is important that students contact the Financial Aid Office to receive appropriate deadlines that are based upon their program of enrollment.

    When will I receive information regarding the action taken on my applications?
    The anticipated dates for receiving information are as follows:
    Federal Pell Grants – Three to five days after an application is done on-line a Student Aid Report (SAR) will be sent to the student. Please refer to the SAR for an initial indication of your eligibility for a Pell Grant.
    Federal Direct Stafford Loans - The student's maximum eligibility will be indicated on the student's award letter.

    I received a PHEAA State Grant notice and it says I can't get a state grant.  Why is that?
    When you complete the FAFSA application you are actually completing two applications in one--both a Federal and State Grant application. You will receive a PHEAA State Grant notice explaining that you are not State Grant Eligible because our institution does not participate in this program. This is an accurate statement. We are not a 2- or 4-year degree granting institution, therefore, our institution is not eligible to participate in the State Grant Program.

    Why do I have to put my parents' tax information on the FAFSA if they are not paying for school?
    Even if you do not live with your parents, you may be considered to be a dependent student by the federal government and required to provide parental information. The FAFSA has a series of questions for you to answer to determine if you are dependent or independent. The federal government expects both the parents and the student to contribute to the student's educational cost. Regardless of whether a parent will or will not contribute to your education, their income and assets must be reported and be used to determine your financial aid. Refer to the FAFSA instructions regarding parental information.

    One of my parents lost his/her job and my family is in a financial bind. Can the Financial Aid Office help me out?
    If your family experiences a change in income due to an unusual circumstance (loss of job, reduced hours, separation or divorce, death in the immediate family) contact the Office regarding your situation. It may be possible to reevaluate your financial aid eligibility. If your family has high unreimbursed medical expenses or pays private school tuition for elementary or secondary school (K-12), your financial aid eligibility may be re-evaluated. Contact the Office of Financial Aid for further information.

    What do I do when I'm considered dependent but my parent(s) won't provide information or sign my FAFSA? Can someone else sign it?
    NO. No one other than your parent may legally sign the FAFSA. Unless your parent(s) provide the required information and sign the FAFSA, you cannot be considered for any need-based financial aid, including Subsidized Federal Stafford Loans. If you find yourself in this situation, you should contact the Office of Financial Aid to help you explore other possibilities.

    I do not live with my parents, but live with another relative. Should I put their information on the FAFSA as my parent?
    NO.  No one other than your parent may provide financial information or sign the FAFSA.

    I am a US citizen by my parent(s) are not and do not live in the US. How do I complete the FAFSA?
    The parents complete the FAFSA with 000–00–0000 instead of a Social Security Number. Parent income and taxes should be based on the foreign equivalent of a U.S. federal income tax return, using the exchange rate in effect on the date the FAFSA is filed. The parents will not be able to get a FSA ID or sign the FAFSA electronically, so they will have to print, sign and mail the signature page from the FAFSA.

    My parents make a lot of money, so I probably won't qualify for financial aid. Should I still apply?
    YES! Many families mistakenly think they don't qualify for aid and prevent themselves from receiving financial aid by failing to apply for it. In addition, there are sources of aid, such as low interest loans - Federal Stafford and Federal PLUS loans - that are available regardless of need. It is wise to have something to fall back on, in case your family finds themselves in a financial crunch.

    I want to file my FAFSA but I have not yet completed my tax returns or my parents haven't filed theirs. What should I do?
    You may use estimated tax information on the FAFSA based on your and your parents' W-2 forms. When the federal taxes are completed, you can update your Student Aid Report (SAR) or make corrections online using the correct information. It is recommended that you have your taxes prepared early so the information you report is accurate and you avoid having to make updates later. If you initially file using estimated amounts, no financial aid can be awarded until taxes are filed and updates have been made.

    My parents are divorced. The parent I reside with is remarried. Do I have to provide my step-parent's income and assets on the FAFSA, even if I am not supported by the step-parent?
    YES, provided that the parent you are living with is the one completing the FAFSA (your custodial parent). If your parent is married to your step-parent at the time you complete the FAFSA, both your parent and step-parent must report their income and assets, even if they weren't married the previous year (i.e. filed separate tax returns).

    When will my financial aid award be ready?
    To receive an award letter, the student must first complete the FAFSA. Once the school has received information from the FAFSA, an estimated award can be made for most students. Students can contact the Financial Aid Office to discuss their estimated awards. Actual awards are not made until students have been admitted to school and all required paperwork has been submitted to the Office.

    What are the anticipated payment dates for school tuition and fees?
    Because students enroll on a continuous basis, tuition and fees are charged and payments are made based on payment periods. Each academic year is divided into two equal payment periods. Payments generally arrive 30 days following the start of each payment period.
    Practical Nursing students - aid generally arrives 30 days following the start of each Term of the program
    Other Adult Programs over 300 hours - payments are in two installments and generally arrive 30 days following the start of the program, and at the midpoint of the scheduled hours

    Will the school extend credit to me until my aid is received?
    For those individuals who have been officially approved for financial aid, the school will extend credit until financial aid is received. Any balance due to the school after all aid has been awarded is the responsibility of the student.

    Are credit cards acceptable for payment?
    Yes, the School will accept VISA, MasterCard & Discover.

    How do I pay for books?
    Books are included in the cost of the program.

    How do I check on my financial aid?
    You can check on your financial aid by contacting the Financial Aid Office.

    How do I check on my account balance?
    You can check on your tuition account balance through the Student Portal.

    I received my Award Letter and I still need more money. What can I do?
    If you are a dependent student, your parents may consider applying for a Federal Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS). They can borrow any amount, up to the cost of your attendance. If they are denied for any reason, the student may borrow more money in Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans. A copy of the denial must be on file at the Financial Aid Office and the student or parent must contact the office to indicate the amount the student wants to borrow additionally in Stafford Loans. Students who are independent are automatically eligible for the additional Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans.

    Will the school allow me or my parents to make monthly payments to the school?
    YES. Students and/or parents can setup a Payment Plan directly with the school. Contact the Financial Aid Office for details on how to initiate a payment plan.

    How do I reduce the amount of my Federal Stafford Loan or cancel the entire loan?
    Students may cancel all or a portion of the loan prior to receiving the loan or within 10 days after the date the school has sent notification that the loan funds have been credited to the student's account. To cancel all of or a portion of your loan, contact the Financial Aid Office for further instruction.

    Who may inquire about my Financial Aid record?
    The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) protects the confidentiality of student records. Only those individuals, who provided information on a student’s FAFSA, can request information regarding the student’s financial aid file. Therefore, if a student would like their financial aid information released to another individual and/or agency, the student must complete the Authorization Release Form.

    What records should I retain?
    Keep copies of all award letters as well as any letters you send to or receive from various agencies.

    If I withdraw from class, will it affect my Financial Aid?
    If students are considering withdrawing from school, they are urged to discuss their student account status with someone in the Financial Aid Office prior to making their final determination. Students who withdraw may end up owing a balance to the school and a balance to the U.S. Department of Education.

    If I repeat a class, will it affect my Financial Aid?
    If students are required to repeat a class or an entire Term of training, it will affect your future financial aid disbursements. When students are required to repeat coursework, all financial aid is cancelled during the period in which the student is repeating the coursework and then re-instated when they reach the next payment period within the program.