Practical Nursing Program Tuition Credit for High School Seniors$1500.00 AwardThe Practical Nursing Program Tuition Credit is open to high school seniors enrolled in any school district in Schuylkill County who has the desire to pursue a career in the health field.The applicant must be accepted into the Practical Nursing Program. The applicant’s field of study should reflect studies in a health career pathway. The financial status of the applicant’s family shall have no bearing on qualifying for the credit. The tuition credit will be applied directly to the recipient’s account during Term III. There will be no cash awards.Program administrators will evaluate the applications submitted and make the final decision on the recipient.
The applicant must meet the following criteria
- High School Senior
- Academic Average of “B” or better
- Proof of enrollment in the upcoming Schuylkill Technology Practical Nursing Program
- Maintain grade and attendance requirements as outlined in the PN Handbook
The applicant must submit the following materials on or before mid-term of the first term enrolled within the Practical Nursing Program. The following materials should be submitted to Schuylkill Technology Center Practical Nursing Program Scholarship Committee, Attn: Kim O'Neill, Program Coordinator, Schuylkill Technology Center, North Campus, 101 Technology Drive, Frackville, PA 17931.
Tution Credit Application
- Complete application
- Official transcript sent directly by district to committee
- Proof of enrollment into STC Practical Nursing Program
- A letter of reference from two of the following:
- STC teacher (if applicable)
- Academic (i.e. district teacher)
- Community (i.e. volunteer group)
- Employment (paid experience, job shadowing, internship, and co-op)