STC MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION INFORMATION
Please review the following information regarding medicationadministration. This information pertains to both prescription andnon-prescription medication.
1. Please fill out both sides of theHealth Information /Permission Form. The form must be
completed, signed, dated and returned to us in order for us to administer medication to your
child. We cannot accept verbal permission over the phone for any medication.
NOTE: The STC nurses does not receive any written medical information from the
student’shome school. What information you provide on the Health
Information update sheet is the only medical information the STC staff hasto assist your child.
2. Please complete the student prescription form for any medications given either at home orschool. A physician’s signature is only required if medication is to be taken at school.
3. All medication brought in from home must be in its original container. All prescription
medication must be accompanied by a completed and signed request for administration.
MEDICATION SENT IN PLASTIC BAGS OR CONTAINERS OTHER THAN THE ORIGINAL CONTAINER ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE.
4. When an adult or other than the parent/guardian delivers medication to the school:
a.The medication should be in a sealed envelope with student name
b.Medication must be delivered to the health office or front desk upon arrival to school.
c.School nurse or designee will verify and document the name and number of
medication with the student.
d. Parent or guardian assumes full responsibility for any medication sent to school.
5. Any medications left at school will be discarded after 30 days.
6. Please review Medication Administration in the student handbook.
7. Check STC website for more health related forms and information.