Below is a current listing of the programs available. The listing includes a brief description of the program, the location, and the tuition cost along with program requirements and expenses. (Please refer to the calendar for a convenient view of class start dates.)**Course content includes hands-on instruction in the proper use of tools and equipment to perform a safety inspection, as well as discussions on inspection procedures and vehicle code regulations. Minimum age of enrollee is 18 and the applicant must hold a valid driver’s license for the type of vehicle they wish to inspect. If enrollee is 17 they may take the course, however, they will not receive their license until turning 18 years of age.
- Includes all passenger cars, trucks up to 17,000 pounds GVW, and trailers up to 10,000 pounds GVW. Class is five nights.
- Includes all motorcycles. Class is two additional nights.
- Includes heavy trucks over 17,000 pounds GVW, trailers over 10,000 GVW, and all buses. Class is an additional two nights and may include additional nights for tactile.
- Includes reconstructed vehicles, specially constructed, modified, collectibles or street roads. Beginning January 1, 2007 all vehicles requiring the submission of an MV-426 application will require the Enhanced Vehicle Safety Inspection. Only currently certified inspection mechanics may take this Category IV course. The self study test is proctored by instructor.
The PA State Inspection manual (publication 45) is included in the cost of tuition.
Course Location Dates Time Cost Category I (Passenger Cars) STC North - Frackville TBD Monday – Thursday 5:30-9:30p.m. $200.00 Category II (Motorcycles) STC North - Frackville TBD Monday – Thursday 5:30-9:30p.m. $60.00 Category III (Heavy Trucks) STC North - Frackville TBD Monday – Thursday 5:30-9:30p.m. $60.00 Category IV (Enhanced) STC North - Frackville TBD Monday – Thursday 5:30-9:30p.m. $60 (test only)
WELDINGWelding IInstruction for Welding I stresses the following topics:
- Welding Rods & their uses
- Striking the Arc
- Basic manipulative techniques in oxyacetylene cutting
- Plasma cutting
- In Welding II, the student will learn how to properly strike an arc and sequence beads for various joint designs, students will also learn how to identify the different electrodes used with Shield Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) along with base metal preparation and the various techniques used for each welding position.
Course Location Dates Time Cost Hours Welding I STC South – Mar Lin TBD 5:30 – 9:00 p.m. $500.00 44 Welding II STC South – Mar Lin TBD 5:30 – 9:00 p.m. $500.00 44